Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Annual Christmas Party


For the last 2 years, I've had this specific picture in my purse, in a frame, or somehow displayed in my house. I love it for so many reasons.  Everyone looks so young. Alexis has hilarious reindeer antlers on. Its in our old, beloved, apartment. But mostly because I LOVE the girls in it and I love how it reminds me of God's provision!  I had only been leading their Greek Bible study for a semester, but these girls felt just like gifts handed to me from the Lord.

So here is the Oldie but Goodie:

 The "First Annual GreekCru Girls
 Ugly Sweater Christmas Party" 
December 2010


 In this picture, girls who were then brand new believers in Christ, are today leading Bible studies and discipling younger girls. Girls who were then leaders in their houses are now living boldly for Christ in the business world, law school, and as a Cru intern. Girls who barely knew each other are now roommates and best friends. Girls who I was just getting to know have grown into dear, dear friends and co-laborers for the Gospel with me.

Since we were support raising last December, this year was the "Second Annual" party.  And to showcase all God is doing in the greek system here is picture #2:


The "Second Annual GreekCru 
Ugly Sweater Christmas Party"
December 2012


 I'm going to need a bigger family room next year!!! 

These girls are so much fun! We ate lots of pinterest-y foods and walked away with some hilarious gifts thanks to the the White Elephant Exchange.  (What the heck is a Munny?!  I dont know, but Elin is now the proud owner of one... )




Anyways,  Just like the picture from 2 years ago, who knows what God has in store for these girls (and me!) by next Christmas!!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a sweet post Jess! It's crazy to think how much the Lord has done in the Greek system over the past couple years. I love that He uses us even though He doesn't need us :)

    ReplyDelete